The AMI QT Devotionals from August 20-26 are provided by Hee Jung Lee Hee Jung, a graduate of Biblical Theological Seminary, serves at Catalyst Agape Church (New Jersey) along with her husband Pastor Sam Lee. They have four beautiful daughters.
Devotional Thoughts for Today
The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, and shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice. You shall yet plant vines on the mountains of Samaria; the planters shall plant and eat them as ordinary food. For there shall be a day when the watchmen will cry on Mount Ephraim, ‘Arise, and let us go up to Zion, to the Lord our God.’
Perhaps every young girl dreams of a chivalrous man who would one day woo her and sweep her off of her feet with a story of happily ever after. This is often the fairy tale we see in films, and it appeals to the heart because deep inside everyone (men and women) is longing to be loved in such a way. This longing of love is to be desired, chased after, and unconditionally committed to. The truth is that we need not long for it, because we are already receptors of such a fascinating love.
Over and over again, the Word of God assures us of this most chivalrous love for us. “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel!” (vv.3-4). When Prophet Jeremiah spoke these words, the Israelites were in a great state of bondage and dryness. They appeared to be a desolate people that others could look upon and mock as if their God had forsaken them. Yet the Lord’s love had never departed them, and He makes known His intentions that His plan of rebuilding them is in motion, working on their behalf.
Perhaps as you are reading this today, you are in a similar state of feeling of dryness and desolation. If this is the case, let God reveal His heart towards you with His Truth as He spoke it to the people of Israel. He loves you with a love that goes on into eternity until the day you see Him face to face. His lovingkindness is over your life, and God will allow His kindness to be greatly evident over you as He is working in your life to bring you into a place of gladness and rejoicing. The key is to allow the Word of God to dictate what is reality over you rather than the feelings or the circumstances at hand. As you position your inner man to the superior realities of His Truth, you are positioning yourself to receive and permitting the Lord to deposit His love into you.
So be greatly encouraged and hopeful that God has His eye on you, and that His unfailing love will be made evident in your life more and more!
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for speaking of Your love to me today! Thank You that nothing can separate me from this incredible love of Yours. I recognize that Your plan over me is to bring me into a greater experience of Your love and into every good thing that has been prepared for me. Thank You for such a great promise that is at work on my behalf! In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Bible Reading for Today: Esther 10
Lunch Break Study
Read Romans 8:38-39: For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Questions to Consider
- How has your love meter with God been lately? Meaning, are you feeling loved by God? Are you loving towards others?
- What are the benefits to having a clear promise and truth available to you, versus using your feelings as evidence of another’s affections towards you?
- Why is knowing that you are loved without fail so important to your well-being?
- One way to gauge whether we are full in God’s love towards us is by our capacity to love others, especially in their low points. In 1 John 4:19, it says, “We love because He first loved us.” When our hearts have been broken free into receiving this truth, then we find a more natural tendency to manifest God’s character as well as find His love channeled in our thinking and behavior. Being loved by God, loving God, and loving others are all interconnected and inseparable.
- Feelings are not necessarily truth. God has provided us His clear Word in order that we would have a concrete meter by which we can gauge what is reality and what is not. It is to our great comfort that God assures us of His unfailing affections regardless of ourselves.
- We were created for relationship—relationship with God and others. The health of our spirit, soul, and body depend on the health of these two factors. Real love that God provides as defined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 satisfies the soul and sustains the body in extreme health.
We began the day by considering how committed God is in His love for us. How were you able to carry this truth in your heart today? How did it affect how you approached your day?